Re: Updated posix fadvise patch v19

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gregory Stark" <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated posix fadvise patch v19
Date: 2008-11-19 03:55:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I addressed all the nitpicks and added comments.

Woot, yeah for comments.

There's a trivial conflict with CVS HEAD due to unrelated changes to
AC_CHECK_FUNCS(...kitchen sink...) but that led me to notice something
else: can't all this stuff about posix_fallocate be ripped out of
configure.in at this point?

In config.sgml, the documentation is good, but suffers from a slightly
informal style.  There are a lot of places where commas seem
appropriate but are not present.  Suggested changes by paragraph:

1. Replace last sentence: "Raising this value will cause PostgreSQL to initiate

...Robert