Re: Linuxworld Toronto, April 30 - May 2

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linuxworld Toronto, April 30 - May 2
Date: 2007-01-22 05:03:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
dan(at)langille(dot)org ("Dan Langille") writes:
> On 21 Jan 2007 at 15:01, Chris Browne wrote:
>
>> robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca (Robert Bernier) writes:
>> > Is anybody planning to attend this and set up a booth?
>> >
>> > http://www.it360.ca/
>>
>> I have involvement with the local LUG booth.  I don't have a
>> particular "PostgreSQL hat" on in that context.
>>
>> It would be a nice thing to have *something* PostgreSQL-relevant
>> 'deployed' there.
>>
>> I'm not sure a booth is the right answer; the rules associated with
>> having a free booth are somewhat restrictive.  If you have a free
>> booth, you're there to promote some form of user group, and it's
>> verboten to try to sell commercial services to passers-by.
>>
>> And it's probably rather late to be *starting* to negotiate a booth...
>>
>> It seems to me that having a PostgreSQL talk would probably be more
>> useful.  But it's months too late; the due date, for that, was
>> November 4, 2005...
>
> Noted.  If someone asks, we might just get it.  The worst that can
> happen is a refusal.  No harm.  No foul.

Well, I have a meeting tomorrow where I wear my "LUG" hat and where
we're inviting extra folks in specifically to talk about matters for
this conference.

I do not see much point in pushing for a booth, fundamentally as I'm
not sure who would staff it, but I'll make sure I bend an ear or two
concerning presentations.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/