Re: BUG #4026: Displaying Wrong dates

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Yogesh" <yogesh(dot)sharma(dot)05(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4026: Displaying Wrong dates
Date: 2008-03-11 21:17:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Yogesh" <yogesh(dot)sharma(dot)05(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> If I query database from my DB server which is on the same linux box, it
> diplays the wrong dates.Like actual date in my table is say 17-MAR-08
> 11.59.00 PM, then it displays 2008-03-18 00:59:00.
> and If I query the DB using a standalone script then it gives the right
> dates. Please help in fixing this.

Sounds like something is confused about timezone settings, but you
haven't provided nearly enough info to let anyone else figure out what.

Given that you're complaining at this time of year, a daylight-savings
transition rule is likely to be involved somehow. PG 7.3 relies on the
operating system's timezone information; have you updated your zoneinfo
files to match current DST law where you live? (In other words, do any
other programs on that box know the correct time either?)

Note that PG 7.3.2 is *extremely* old and no longer supported. Consider
upgrading before you hit one of its many known data-loss bugs.