Re: Can PostgreSQL do data type automated casting in

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>, Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, Tjioe Ai Xin <xinxincute(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can PostgreSQL do data type automated casting in
Date: 2005-11-24 21:06:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

You're on fairly shaky ground using "allowed by the spec" as
justification. I'm thinking there are far more instances where people
expect Oid unspecified to work than
instances where they are going to change the type of the IN parameter
in the same statement.

Given that the default behaviour adheres to the spec, I'm not too
worried about the case below failing under these specific
circumstances. I presume it passes with the 8.0,8.1 behaviour.

Dave