unixodbc

From: kluge(at)despammed(dot)com (Stefano Vita Finzi)
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unixodbc
Date: 2004-08-03 10:40:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have some problems when trying to setup unixodbc with postgresql on
my RedHat 9 machine.

I have build and installed postgresql 7.4.2, it works fine and it
accepts tcp/ip connections.

I have istalled the following rpm:
unixODBC-2.2.3-6
postgresql-odbc-7.2.5-1

If I use the driver provided with unixodbc i can connect with isql but
i have this error logged:

> ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "ksqo"

Reading in ng, someone warned to not use the odbc driver that is in
the unixodbc package, since it is quite old.

So I tried to use the postgresql driver (/usr/lib/psqlodbc.so) but i
am unable to connect with isql.

This is my /etc/odbcinst.ini:

[PostgreSQL1]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/psqlodbc.so
FileUsage       = 1

[PostgreSQL2]
Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/local/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/local/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage       = 1

and this is my /etc/odbc.ini

[test]
Description         = Test to Postgres
Driver              = PostgreSQL
Trace               = Yes
TraceFile           = sql.log
Database            = test
Servername          = localhost
UserName            = postgres
Password            = ****
Port                = 5432
Protocol            = 7.4.3
ReadOnly            = No
RowVersioning       = No
ShowSystemTables    = No
ShowOidColumn       = No
FakeOidIndex        = No
ConnSettings        =

If i use PostgreSQL1 dsn I am unable to connect.
If I use the PostgreSQL2 dsn, isql can connect.

Any suggestion?

Thank you,

Stefano Vita Finzi

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: postgresqlDate: 2004-08-04 18:22:00