PgSQL odbc driver info

From: Robin Weber <rweber(at)pmc(dot)ucsc(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgSQL odbc driver info
Date: 2005-08-30 20:35:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I am a user of the PostgreSQL ODBC driver. Currently I mainly use it to
interface our Pg laboratory database to client programs in MS Access and
Matlab.

I have had many occasions where the driver has failed while moving large
volumes of data (> 2 million records) between Access and PG. (We have
large datasets.) I don't know if there are any documented bugs on this
subject. The driver I have installed is 7.03.200.

Are there any release notes for the various versions of this driver that
document bug fixes and other changes? I'm not sure what version I should
be using. Please advise.

With thanks,
Robin Weber

Robin Weber
Data Manager and Application Developer for
Marine Mammals and Birds
Tagging of Pacific Pelagics Project
University of California Santa Cruz
Long Marine Lab - Center for Ocean Health
100 Shaffer Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95060-5730
(831) 459-2691