Re: [Mingw-users] How to build thread-safe postgresql 8.x on

From: Matt England <mengland(at)mengland(dot)net>
To: mingw-users(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net, "pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: mengland(at)mengland(dot)net
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] How to build thread-safe postgresql 8.x on
Date: 2006-03-06 16:35:35
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi Merrill et al,

At 3/6/2006 10:25 AM, Merrill Cornish wrote:
>Are you using C++?  If so, checkout the Boost threads library
>(www.boost.org).  Boost's goal is portability across compilers and
>OSes.  In the case of threads, it will use whatever threads library,
>including pthreads, are on the local system.

Thanks for the tip.  Yes, my project is C++ based, and we use Boost
extensively (and not just for threads).  We have begun to use Boost threads
as an implementation of our internal process-thread "wrapper" (we were
previously only using ACE <http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html>).

However, I don't see how our usage of Boost in my project's code is going
to get around the postgresql-8.1.3 build problems under mingw as per my
original email.  Maybe I'm missing something?

-Matt

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Matt EnglandDate: 2006-03-06 22:07:44
Previous:From: Matt EnglandDate: 2006-03-06 16:14:33
Subject: How to build thread-safe postgresql 8.x on mingw?