Re: Temporary Tables

From: "David A(dot) Leedom" <daleedom(at)hightowergroup(dot)com>
To: "Anjan Dave" <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Temporary Tables
Date: 2005-06-21 14:43:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Anjan,

I would be very interested in this feature as well. However, my
understanding is that you must keep the connection open AND your
application must retain the SAME connection between database interactions.

The only way that I have done this is by creating a Session ID column to
your table of interest and make it a permanent table. The application then
maintains the Session ID in memory and uses it to segregate the data from
various users.

My main interest in this is to create my own user table which triggers on
other tables will somehow use to know that a specific user is making a
change on a specific row(s).

How do others handle this issue?

Enthusiastically,

Dave Leedom

At 11:20 AM 6/20/2005, Anjan Dave wrote:
>Hi,
>
>A developer is trying to use a Temporary Table via the java based
>application. The problem is following the temp table creation, he wants
>subsequent queries to query the temp table, but they are not in the same
>database session as the temp table. Is this something I can setup
>somewhere in the config? I would appreciate any pointers/info I can
>forward to him.
>
>Thanks,
>Anjan
>

>******************************************************************************************
>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the
>addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the attorney/client
>and other privileges. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
>the
>sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on
>the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any other
>use of this e-mail is prohibited.

The Hightower Group, Inc.
Custom Software Solutions Designed To Fit Your Business Like A Glove.
165 West Airport Road, Suite B/Lititz, PA 17543
V:717-560-4002, 877-560-4002 x: 114
F:717-560-2825
www.hightowergroup.com