Re: Need help in data migration

From: "David A(dot) Leedom" <daleedom(at)hightowergroup(dot)com>
To: Gourish Singbal <gourish(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need help in data migration
Date: 2005-05-05 12:46:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Gourish

I have worked on a similar project

If you are interested give me a call or we can go back and forth here.

Enthusiastically,

Dave Leedom

At 08:22 AM 5/5/2005, Gourish Singbal wrote:
>I need help to transfer data from postgreql to oracle database on
>regular basis.
>
>The original productin application runs on oracle.
>We need this setup temporarily for certain time period till we are
>confortable that our application can survive on postgresql.
>
>Please help if somebody has worked on such projects.
>
>I tried taking pg_dump as follows from postgresql 7.4.5
>
>pg_dump -t tablename_test -a -D -O rpt_production > tablename_test.sql
>
>and than ran below on oracle but i got many errors.
>One reason i can think of is becase i have column names like
> "version", "type", in the insert command?.
>
>SQL>@$HOME/tablename_test.sql
>
>Am i misssing any thing
>please help
>Awaiting reply
>--
>Best,
>Gourish Singbal

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

The Hightower Group, Inc.
Custom Software Solutions Designed To Fit Your Business Like A Glove.
165 West Airport Road, Suite B/Lititz, PA 17543
V:717-560-4002, 877-560-4002 x: 114
F:717-560-2825
www.hightowergroup.com