Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...

From: "Gary L(dot) Burnore" <gburnore(at)databasix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...
Date: 2004-11-24 01:30:19
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

At 08:12 PM 11/23/2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>BTW, you indicated that one of the reasons pressing you to move was that
>>Google had dropped indexing services for the comp.* groups. Have they
>>given you an indication that they would index pgsql.*, or are we just
>>out of luck on that service?
>>
>Just FYI, it seems that the comp.* groups are fine on Google.
>Just not the comp.databases.postgresql.* groups.

Because, instead of rmgrouping all of the comp groups, they did this:

ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.hackers
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.questions
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.admin
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.general
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.pgadmin.hackers
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.ports.cygwin
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.advocacy
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.announce
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.bugs
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.committers
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.docs
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.jdbc
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.odbc
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.novice
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.performance
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.tr.genel
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.php
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.ports.general
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.ports
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.general
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.pgadmin.support
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.patches
ctlinnd rmgroup comp.databases.postgresql.sql

Kinda like we just did.