Re: JDBC Latin1 problem

From: "J(dot) Michael Crawford" <jmichael(at)gwi(dot)net>
To: smota <samuelmota(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC Latin1 problem
Date: 2004-08-04 20:18:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

<<How are you outputing this data? Velocity, JSP and others "template
processors" allow you to specify the character set>>

We're currently outputting the data from our own java application, which
will be turned into a servlet in a few weeks. We skipped JSP and Velocity
because we had a very unique data schema with very unique needs (it would
have taken more time to do it the "easy" way in this case). Thus, I'm not
sure I can find an environment variable.

Thanks for the tip, though.

BTW, all jibberish comes directly from the database, and displays as
such using System.out.println().

- Mike