I understand now

From: Bruce <bruce(at)centerstage(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I understand now
Date: 2004-05-06 02:59:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
We're going with PostgreSQL. Period. I'd like to thank the people who
responded. They were astonishing for a couple reasons:
1. Their speed at responding
2. Their passion
3. Their knowledge

A couple answered my question about some big names who use Postgres. Most
though, let me know that I was asking the wrong question. Just because
others do things a certain way, does not mean that it's the right thing for
everyone. In particular, the data integrity weaknesses of MySQL made a big
impression on everyone.

We are a Windows shop, moving to Linux. Our program's appearance and who we
are associated with counts for a lot in that world. This world of Linux is
a little different.

I think we'll like it.

Bruce

pgsql-advocacy by date