Note about ODBC drivers on a Windows Terminal Server Environment

From: Raul Carolus <rcarolus(at)lightyeardt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Note about ODBC drivers on a Windows Terminal Server Environment
Date: 2005-05-20 14:59:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Greetings,

I didn't see if anyone had this issue in the past, but here's my adventure:

I installed the odbc driver on a client's win2k3 Terminal server and
connect them to a local lan pg server.  Everything works kosher.

On another client's TS, I install the odbc and had some issue with getting
a local pg server going.  I turned on logging (to the C drive) for some
help.  I got it working.  I didn't turn off logging.

When the clients started to go in, our software would just die when trying
to connect to the pg server.  No errors, no messages.  The window just went
away.  In digging, I noticed that the clients did not have access to the C
drive (system-drive only).  The logging goes to the C drive.  I turned off
logging, went in as an unprivlidged user, and it started working.

Moral of the story:  When putting the driver in production, be sure to turn
off logging.

Thanks for the great work,

Raul Carolus
Lightyear Dealer Technologies, LLC
800-499-1914
rcarolus(at)lightyeardt(dot)com
"Today, impossible.  Tomorrow, possible."  --Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: MoOoOoOoOdY 505Date: 2005-05-22 01:47:43