Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?

From: "B(dot) van Ouwerkerk" <bvo(at)atz(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date: 2003-12-30 07:13:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

>However, a language like PHP is very different from an enterprise DB, so our
>tutorial really doesn't help a newbie to databases understand how to USE
>PostgreSQL. In order to do this, it would need to cover a bunch of other
>topics as well, such as normalization, etc. The result would be something
>that you probably would not want to include in your standard reference
>manual.

IMO normalization is something not specific for PostgreSQL. Although some
individuals on this list seem to think otherwise, normalization is just as
important when you're using MySQL.

And even if you want to include that kind of information you could do this
by linking to good information already online. There are several
informative articles at both phpbuilder and devshed.
But this would only be relevant if you're completely new to designing
databases.

B.