Re: Help not modeless

From: Miha Radej <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help not modeless
Date: 2004-04-25 20:58:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi!

I'm using version 1.1.0 devel (Mar 26 2004) on Win2k and I can confirm the
same situation. If I open up pgAdmin III and press F1 (or, for that matter,
choose Help... from the menu), the help window opens up. I can see pgAdmin
III or other aplications in the background and if I click anywhere outside
the pgAdmin III help window it doesn't move to the background, it stays on
top (although it does not remain active, just hovering on top). Pressing
Alt-Tab to switch applications works normally here.
But also I noticed a rather annoying thing. If I open Help -> About, the
small about box pops up. It stays on top even after pressing Alt-Tab when I
want to switch applications. And here's the annoying part: if I move the
pgadmin III about box, immediately after placing it somewhere on the screen
and releasing the mouse button or just clicking on the title bar, pgAdmin
III moves to the foreground. Clicking anywhere else in the About box only
activates it, pgAdmin III stays in the back. This doesn't happen with the
Help window.
Please see sample pictures 1 and 2:
http://mcajvar.prkoritu.net/pgAdminIII/about_01.png
Here is the About box on top of my screen, with UltraEdit being active
behind it.

http://mcajvar.prkoritu.net/pgAdminIII/about_02.png
This happenes immediately after clicking on the About box title bar.
I didn't check this in any other version of pgAdmin III.

And I also have another question. In the devel version I'm using there are
some strings written in english. Is there any possibility to translate
those strings also?

At 20:13 25.4.2004, Andreas Pflug wrote:
>chris(at)zenmgt(dot)com wrote:
>
>>I'm running Windows XP Pro and I using pgAdmin III v 1.0.2.
>>
>>When I click on the help icon, the help window becomes modal in that I
>>can't select the pgAdmin window. I must close the help in order to selct
>>the main pgAdmin window.
>
>I can't reproduce this with cvs head (and AFAIR we didn't have a changed
>this behaviour since 1.0). The help window will stay in the foreground, is
>that what you mean?

Lp,
Miha