8.5alpha3, Karmic Koala and OpenJade Question

From: Andrew Lardinois <lardinois(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 8.5alpha3, Karmic Koala and OpenJade Question
Date: 2010-01-29 07:53:18
Lists: pgsql-testers
I have a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10.  Have done nothing but install.
Attempting to install Postgresql-8.5alpha3 I have encountered three
./configure hiccups:
1.  --without-readline
2. --without-zlib
These first two were an easy fix.  Add the package.  The third, however, I
do not recall ever seeing before.
3.  --OpenJade, the dsssl engine.

I have poked around my system, did not find this package, and am working on
adding OpenJade.  But my question is, is this a new dependency?  If not, how
was it so transparent to me before?

Maybe I am not grasping all the reasons OpenJade is required by Postgresql.
For the documentation translation engine, sure.  Man pages sure.  Using
Docbook, which all Postgresql users can be expected to be using?  What am I
missing here?

Thanks,
Andrew Lardinois

pgsql-testers by date

Next:From: Greg SmithDate: 2010-01-29 09:41:49