Re: Low throughput of binary inserts from windows to linux

From: "Axel Waggershauser" <awagger(at)web(dot)de>
To: "Thomas H(dot)" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Low throughput of binary inserts from windows to linux
Date: 2006-12-11 15:16:04
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 12/11/06, Thomas H. <me(at)alternize(dot)com> wrote:
> > I'm out of ideas here, maybe someone could try to reproduce this
> > behavior or could point me to the thread containing relevant
> > information (sorry, maybe I'm just too dumb :-/)
>
> please specify how you're transfering the data from windows -> linux. are
> you using odbc? if yes, what driver? are you using FDQN server names or a
> plain ip adress? etc etc.

You may take a look at my first mail (starting this thread), there you
find a my_lo.c attached, containing a the complete code. I use libpq.
The connection is established like this:

conn = PQsetdbLogin(argv[1], "5432", NULL, NULL, argv[2],
argv[3], argv[4]);

I called the test program with the plain ip-address of the server machine.

Axel