Re: problem loading sql to database?

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: mike andreetta <mike(dot)andreetta(at)ast-pos(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem loading sql to database?
Date: 2009-09-07 15:59:04
Lists: pgsql-novice
2009/9/4 mike andreetta <mike(dot)andreetta(at)ast-pos(dot)com>:
> HI
>
> I’m trying to use PostgreSQL 8.4 to serve databases on our application on
> windows xp. Darn clients have something against red hat… anyways.

Install XPde on a Linux box ;)
http://www.xpde.com/

> I have a dump that was taken from my Linux box. I’m am trying to import the
> data to a database on PostgreSQL server which is running on XP.
>
> I have tried restore. Ive tried psql in the query box. Nothing seems to be
> working for me. Can someone help please? The boss is starting to wonder how
> much I really know about computers.

What is "the query box"?  And could you elaborate on what happens when
you try?  Do you get error messages?  If so, what?

Maybe try using a different dump format if SQL is causing issues?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(at)gmail(dot)com>

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: jrDate: 2009-09-07 16:19:44