Re: Help

From: <user(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help
Date: 2004-02-10 16:48:01
Lists: pgsql-novice
Are you opening the database you created?   That is, at your command line
you will execute 'psql databasename' to load the database you just created.
By not specifying a database when you load psql you are opening a default

KG Hagans Professional Services Group
Westerville, Ohio

""Arman Meltonyan"" <armelton(at)onemain(dot)com> wrote in message
I've just installed the beta version of PeerDirect's Postgres. According to
the instructions I am able to create a database with createdb comand, after
that I do psql and get a prompt (e.g default =#). When I try to execute any
of the SQL comannds I get a bad command error. If I do \h I get Help
available: message and that's it. Nothing else is coming up? I know I'm
doing something wrong I just need to know what is it.

Can anyone give me an advise on this?