Re: Auto vacuum

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <robert(at)omniti(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Auto vacuum
Date: 2007-04-19 17:54:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
I certainly appreciate the help you've given.  Here's what the code
in this part of postgresql.conf file says.

autovacuum = on

autovacuum_naptime = 30         # time between autovacuum runs, in secs
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 500       # min # of tuple updates before
                                         # vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 250      # min # of tuple updates before
                                         # analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.2    # fraction of rel size before
                                         # vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.1   # fraction of rel size before
                                         # analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = -1       # default vacuum cost delay for
                                         # autovac, -1 means use
                                         # vacuum_cost_delay
#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1      # default vacuum cost limit for
                                         # autovac, -1 means use
                                         # vacuum_cost_limit

Thanks so much,

Carol Walter