Due to our company's growth, we are looking for a talented PostgreSQL DBA/Developer with extensive experience developing and maintaining
The salary and benefits for these opportunities are VERY competitive with the market.
The Database Administrator/Developer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of databases which will support the products and
services developed by the Product Development Team. The DBA/Developer will work with the Product Development Manager in the planning, design,
development, testing and deploying database projects. Close contact will be required with the entire Product Development Staff to ensure that the
programmers' activities are in line with the goals of larger projects involving multiple programmers. Maintaining set design standards for the
larger project to ensure compatibility will be essential for this position. YieldStar places a strong emphasis on client service, so the DBA/Developer,
while not a frontline customer contact, will interact with customers to ensure that their requirements are met in the most efficient manner.
* Design logical and physical databases within PostgreSQL and MS SQL environments.
* Manage existing data models and create models for new databases.
* Generate and maintain data dictionaries.
* Work with business analysts and various groups to collect requirements and translate those into logical database models.
* Extensive database programming using PostegreSQL and other SQL server utilities.
* Troubleshoot problems reported by clients in the data warehouse systems.
* Develop procedures to DTS data from multi-sources.
* Identify potential performance and process improvements.
* Conduct data analysis, design and execution architecture training, as required.
* Develop new and manage existing ETLs for the warehouse databases.
* Provide SQL / database support to the application developers.
* Manage the databases in development and QA environments.
* Monitor and manage the production data warehousing processes.
* College degree in computer related field or equivalent experience required.
* Demonstrated experience in database design, schema development, optimization/tuning and maintenance of databases. Specifically, PostgreSQL
* and SQL Server knowledge is required.
* 5+ years of proven experience including a broad range of Database Administration and Development.
* Minimum 2 years of proven experience of Database Development
* Minimum 5 years MS SQL Server as a designer and DBA highly desired.
* Minimum 5 years SQL programming experience highly desired.
* Expertise in data modeling tools is required.
* Linux OS knowledge, shell scripting knowledge is a huge plus.
* Demonstrated interest in, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for Internet and Open Source technologies
* Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
* Must be able to succeed in a dynamic team environment and be open to overtime when necessary
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
To apply to the position, please send resumes to https://www8.ultirecruit.com/REA1005/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*D1A555C780F01478
Please feel free to check out our website below for more information on the company.
RealPage, Inc. website: www.realpage.com
4000 International Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary to RealPage and its affiliated companies. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding or copying of this communication is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: sivakumar krishnamurthy||Date: 2010-09-08 11:03:44|
|Subject: Looking for PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB DBA in Bangalore,India|
|Previous:||From: Smith, Julie K (MSL - Ft. Collins)||Date: 2010-08-23 19:11:24|
|Subject: HP Full-time PostgreSQL Database Architect/DBA |