Re: FW: pgAgent job limit

From: "Lucas, Craig" <Craig(dot)Lucas(at)asurion(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "Roberts, Jon" <Jon(dot)Roberts(at)asurion(dot)com>, "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FW: pgAgent job limit
Date: 2008-02-26 22:18:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave,

If we could get pgagent to compile we would make the change in our local
copy and deploy it here. We are having a really rough time compiling
pgagent, atleast on our dev boxes. The problem seems to be around
manifest files and that the compiler seems to want to include
"Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT" which is the visual studio 2008 crt dll. This
is odd because I am compiling it in 2005, but I also have 2008
installed. And when I compile in 2008 I get errors that it cant find
MSVCRT90D.dll and when I copy the file into the pgagent folder I get
other errors because its trying to pull in a dll that's not in the
manifest file.

Here is the manifest generated when I try to compile in VS2008 (you can
see its referncing the same assembly twice):

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"
manifestVersion="1.0">
<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges>
<requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker"
uiAccess="false"></requestedExecutionLevel>
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>
</trustInfo>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT"
version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86"
publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type="win32"
name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0"
processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
language="*"></assemblyIdentity>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT"
version="9.0.20706.1" processorArchitecture="x86"
publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>