Software Design Engineer - Big Data Platform, Redmond, WA

From: Dave Taniguchi <dave(at)npario(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Software Design Engineer - Big Data Platform, Redmond, WA
Date: 2011-09-07 03:42:15
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Are you ready to solve problems yet to be solved, on a scale seldom imagined? nPario takes the "Big Data" problem from meaningless numbers to insights by helping companies in gaming, advertising (advertisers, agencies, publishers), and telecom to monetize the data they already have.

Speaking of "Big Data", we at nPario were working on massive data sets before the term was even coined. Our real-time data management platform features infinitely scalable distributed columnar database and data mining technologies, which has generated a significant number of patents. We're continually pushing boundaries to develop innovative functionality and next generation data technologies to satisfy ever growing customer needs. nPario's technology already manages databases with multi petabytes of data, tables with trillions of rows and captures more than 100+ billion events daily.

Job Responsibilities:

* Develop and extend query and storage capabilities of the underlying database engine.

* Analyze and optimize performance and scalability of the system

* Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment

* Communicate effectively with different teams across multiple geographies.

Required skills:

* Motivated self-starter, with capacity for rapid learning
* 7+ years product server/distributed processing development experience
* 2+ years database internals experience
* Experience with data mining algorithms a bonus, but not required
* Experience with other distributed data processing systems a bonus, but not required
* Online Advertising experience not required, but a plus
* Fluent with C/C++, optional Java
* Fluent with Linux ; optional Windows
* Fluent in SQL
* Ability to collaborate effectively with inter-disciplinary teams and management
Education:

* BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering

Company Description
nPario is a startup with experienced management and proven technology, offering a dynamic work environment that skips corporate red tape and encourages initiative, innovation, and out-of-the-box thinking. nPario is well positioned for growth with a strategic investment and global partnership from WPP, the world's largest advertising group and parent company of leading agencies such as Ogilvy, GroupM, and Young & Rubicam.

Interested candidates: Please contact me directly.

Thanks, -Dave Taniguchi
VP Engineering
dave(at)npario(dot)com