Re: disabling OIDs?

From: "Mark Dexter" <MDEXTER(at)dexterchaney(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: disabling OIDs?
Date: 2004-12-16 17:35:28
Lists: pgsql-docs
I believe the ODBC driver works this way by design.  So it's just something you need to know if you plan to use it with updateable cursors.

It is my impression that the Postgres ODBC driver is somewhat of a "poor stepchild" within the Postgres community.  However, it appears
to work.  Mark Dexter

>Mark,

> For what it's worth, OIDs are required if you ever want to use
> updateable cursors with the ODBC driver.  We discovered this the hard
> way.  Mark Dexter

Well, that would be something to fix in the ODBC driver ... file a bug, eh?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Ian BarwickDate: 2004-12-17 23:39:17