Re: pgday.eu

From: Alex Markelov <alex(dot)markelov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, rod(at)iol(dot)ie, iepug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgday.eu
Date: 2010-10-08 11:33:29
Lists: iepug

On 8 Oct 2010, at 12:18, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> I think that the smart thing to do is to use a screen-scraper site to
> figure out how you want to fly, and then to use the airlines website
> directly to actually buy the tickets.

I'm looking at the flights available on skyscanner.ie (great tool!
Thanks, Tim!) and my excitement fades away. To be in Stuttgart early
in the morning I'd have to fly on the 5th and return flights on the
8th would include overnight stay somewhere.

Scheisse!

I might check out flight+train options. Don't have the luxury of
spending too much time in transit. Need something that brings me to
Stuttgart on the 6th in the morning and out and back in Dublin on the
8th. I think I'm asking for impossible here. Funny enough when I
looked up RyanAir flights first time (few weeks ago) they had STR in
their list of destinations which disappeared from it immediately after
I pressed 'Search' button to show me available flights. That would be
handy to have a direct flight, but it seems that the option is gone now.

By the way, I don't see any event schedules yet at http://
2010.pgday.eu. Have they posted it anywhere yet?

Regards,
Alex.

--
"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...
Let me claim from you at all times your undisguised opinions."

PGP fingerprint: B030 9111 CE41 5C09 2710 E9E6 3120 F406 197B DA8E