Re: 4 weeks to go

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 4 weeks to go
Date: 2008-04-25 01:33:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

- --On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 15:19:52 -0500 Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>

> On Apr 21, 2008, at 10:03 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
>> In 4 short weeks, the center of the PostgreSQL universe will be
>> once again
>> located in Ottawa as PGCon 2008 gets underway.  All the major
>> preparations
>> have been completed and very little remains to be done..  I'm
>> finally able to
>> take a breather and get in some mountain biking.  :)
>> But there's not a lot of time to rest.  For me or for you.  I still
>> have to
>> finalize the catering and arrange a few last minute travel
>> arrangements.
>> If you haven't booked your trip yet, I urge you to do so immediately.
>> Don't hesitate, do it today.
> For those in the US; don't bring your laptops!

Either that, or leave your child porn at home (in the case of the article
above) ...

But seriously, there are so many ways around this, easiest probably being to
leave your sensitive stuff at home on a USB drive that you can re-load later
... or can mount remotely using something like samba ...

Travel smart, not light ...

- --
Marc G. Fournier        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A. (
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org                              MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype:        ICQ . 7615664
Version: GnuPG v2.0.8 (FreeBSD)