Re: Integrated perc 5/i

From: tyrrill_ed(at)emc(dot)com
To: <miki(at)epoch(dot)co(dot)il>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Integrated perc 5/i
Date: 2007-08-16 17:30:11
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi Miki,
I am using a Dell 2950, and I recently switched from using RAID 5 of all
six disks to three RAID 1 pairs with the OS on the first pair, postgres
on the second except for pg_xlog, which I moved to the third pair.  This
configuration change increased the insert performance of my application
by 40%.  I have not tried RAID 10 so I cannot help you there.  My
suggestion is test both RAID 5 and RAID 10, and report back to us what
you find.