\d for views display query

From: James Sasitorn <james(at)sasitorn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: \d for views display query
Date: 2011-07-30 07:09:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

The default behavior for \d (at least in my installations) changed when used against views.

if I do
#\d myview

It shows the view structure only. Older versions of psql used to also show what the view represented (the select statements and supporting tables it corresponded to).

How do I display the select command/supporting tables backing a view in the interactive psql?

Thanks for the help,
James