pg_restore error

From: Düster Horst <Horst(dot)Duester(at)bd(dot)so(dot)ch>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore error
Date: 2004-10-29 11:12:07
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hallo

I try to restore a large DB with BLOBS. I created the dump file with:

pg_dump -Fc -b <dbname> > dump.file

During the restore process startet with the following command:

pg_restore -d <dbname> dump.file

the process breakes with the error message that a table couldn't be found.
So I started the pg_restore in verbose mode. This mode offers the problem.
pg_restore tries to create a view but a referenced table does not exists. I
thought, that pg_restore will organize the restore-prozess in an optimal
order. This seems not work correct!!?? I would be grateful to hear any
hints.

My system:
Postgresql 7.4.5
SuSe 9.1 Linux

With best regards
Horst Düster

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Düster HorstDate: 2004-10-29 11:38:37