Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP

From: "Nolen, Terry" <Terry(dot)Nolen(at)sabre(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP
Date: 2005-12-22 14:53:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Jim,

First of all, thanks for your fast response. I'm doing a benchmark and
your quick turn around will be noted in my findings.

I'm trying to use the COPY command. I've tried executing it using
pgadmin and pgsql and receive the same message about no read
permissions. Here is the syntax?

COPY as_benchmark.midt FROM 'C:/postgres_data/midt_short.csv' WITH CSV

Here is the error I receive.

ERROR: could not open file "c:/postgres_data/midt_short.csv" for
reading: Permission denied

I understand that postgres must have access, but how do I make sure it
is granted in Windows?

Fyi...the use of "/" or "\\" in Windows could use some documentation
explaining the acceptable ways to use them.

Thx again,

Terry Nolen