Re: Can we fix the list footer?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can we fix the list footer?
Date: 2006-10-04 16:54:09
Lists: pgsql-www
At the bottom of every mail message that goes through the list should be a set
of instructions for how to unsubscribe and/or set options on your subscription
... and, just checking, I notice that Mulberry doesn't show it, but pine did
... *sigh*

Oh well ... I can add a message footer, which are the TIPs, so I can add some
text to each TIP, but someone give me the text to add ...

As a side note, I just made one change to the lists, in that:

listname-unsubscribe(at)postgresql(dot)org

will now work, as will -subscribe .. so that at least streamlines the text ...
but give me some suitable (and short) text that shoudl be added ...

--On Wednesday, October 04, 2006 08:31:24 -0700 "Joshua D. Drake"
<jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It has once again come up that people are struggling to unsubscribe from
> our lists. Now, granted this doesn't happen very often but if we just
> added a footer to the bottom of every email sent that shows the web page
> for the list info, the problem would likely be resolved.
>
> I would note that most other projects do this and I don't understand why
> we don't.
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

> --
>
>    === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
>    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
>              http://www.commandprompt.com/

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org                              MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org