Where to point CommitFestOpen?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Where to point CommitFestOpen?
Date: 2008-11-03 03:31:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest_2008-11
currently says that it's closed to new submissions, but this isn't
particularly helpful when the link it gives for where to submit them
points right back to itself. So, where should we make CommitFestOpen
redirect to?

The problem I'm having with this is that the current scheme for naming
commitfest pages assumes you know the date for each one. It seems way
premature to bet on when the first 8.5 fest will start.

Wikimedia does seem to support renaming pages, so it seems like what
we should do is adopt a vague name for the page for the moment and
rename it whenever the 8.5 schedule becomes clearer. I'm tempted
to use CommitFest_2009-First as a temporary name.

Thoughts, better ideas?