RE: pg_connect vs. pg_pconnect

From: "Hunter, Ray" <rhunter(at)enterasys(dot)com>
To: "'Chris Ruprecht'" <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql-php (E-mail)" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: pg_connect vs. pg_pconnect
Date: 2001-08-09 13:02:06
Lists: pgsql-php

Chris,

I am currently doing testing right now and finding that this is the case. I
think that there is some kind of bug. I have to go in and manually kill the
sleeping processes that are remaining after the pg_pconnect calls.

Another question for you is why does pg_pconnect work when pg_connect does
not. I am running into this problem as I change some of the connections to
pg_connect from pg_pconnect?

Thanks,

RAY HUNTER
Automated Test Group