pg_connect vs. pg_pconnect

From: "Hunter, Ray" <rhunter(at)enterasys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_connect vs. pg_pconnect
Date: 2001-08-08 23:40:16
Lists: pgsql-php

I understand the difference between the two functions. However, when I
watch my process under process management I notice that I have tons of
sleeping process that are lingering. How can I make it so that when I
connect to postgres and query that the connect process is then terminated?
These sleeping connections are eating up my resources.

Any suggestions?

RAY HUNTER
Automated Test Group
Software Support Engineer