Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Paweł Gruszczyński <pawel(dot)gruszczynski(at)inea(dot)com(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?
Date: 2007-04-25 17:40:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Apr 25, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Paweł Gruszczyński wrote:
> where u6 stores Fedora Core 6 operating system, and u0 stores 3
> partitions with ext2, ext3 and jfs filesystem.

Keep in mind that drives have a faster data transfer rate at the
outer-edge than they do at the inner edge, so if you've got all 3
filesystems sitting on that array at the same time it's not a fair
test. I heard numbers on the impact of this a *long* time ago and I
think it was in the 10% range, but I could be remembering wrong.

You'll need to drop each filesystem and create the next one to get a
fair comparison.
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net