Re: readline install questions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Scott Frankel <leknarf(at)pacbell(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: readline install questions
Date: 2004-10-01 06:33:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Scott Frankel <leknarf(at)pacbell(dot)net> writes:
> I am attempting to install postgresql7.4.5 on OSX 10.3.5 and have
> questions about readline.

FWIW, on my OSX machines I always pull down the source distribution of
readline and build/install it per defaults ("configure; make; sudo make
install" or nearly so). This process puts libreadline.a into
/usr/local/lib and the .h files under /usr/local/include. It's probably
not ideal from an OSX-centric point of view, but it seems to work fine
for Postgres.