pgsql problem

From: Tanasiciuc Ilie-Ovidiu <tanasiciuc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql problem
Date: 2008-01-20 10:05:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi. I want to make a trigger for more tables that then
i try to make a
update to make a new insert. i find a solution in next
syntax
INSERT INTO TG_RELNAME SELECT NEW.*;
RETURN OLD;

the problem is that the primary key is violated
because NEW.id_client
already exists.

i try to find a solution for change

NEW.<variable>=new_sequence .I can make this but the
problem is how to
concatenate NEW with the variable???
I have solutions for put in the char or text
<variable> the corect
 primary
key.

Please send me a solution or make a update at pgsql
because a lot of
 people
need to change dynamic NEW or OLD columns(see in
google : dynamic
 access
RECORD  columns)

thanks...
PS: when it will be finsih slony2 syncronus
master-master. I use very
 well
until now master with 10 slaves via VPN,but i will
need master-master
solution for free.

        ing. Ovidiu Tanasiciuc

Be a better friend, newshound, and