Re: select only user

From: Jessica Richard <rjessil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select only user
Date: 2008-01-18 13:46:33
Lists: pgsql-admin
"ALTER USER username SET default_transaction_read_only to true" worked.

One more question:

where do I see the current setting of "default_transacton_read_only (true for false) for each user on the system? Is there a table that keeps this kind of info for all users?

Thanks again,

"Milen A. Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net> wrote: Milen A. Radev написа:
> Jessica Richard написа:
>> I created a user and granted only "select" to this user so that  this
>> user can only select the tables on a production system. But by
>> default, this user can also CREATE TABLE successfully....
>> How can I revoke this "create table" privilege (and possible others)
>> and limit this user to only the permissions granted by me?
> Revoke the "create" privilege on the "public" schema (or any other
> schema you've created) from 'public' (that's special "role"). Also
> revoke the "create" privilege on the database(s) in question from the
> same special role 'public' to prevent creation of new schemas.
> More here -

Almost forgot - there is another way if the role in question would be

ALTER USER username SET default_transaction_read_only to true;

Milen A. Radev