Re: How to setup PostgreSQL using Windows Authentication?

From: Peter Cheung <Pcheung(at)sfcu(dot)org>
To: 'Craig Ringer' <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
Cc: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to setup PostgreSQL using Windows Authentication?
Date: 2012-06-12 18:37:27
Lists: pgsql-admin
According to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/auth-methods.html, SSPI only works when GSSAPI is available and GSSAPI support has to be enabled when PostgreSQL is built.   Does it mean that I need to uninstall PostgreSQL and reinstall it with GSSAPI support?  I used the One click installer downloaded from http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows to install PostgreSQL and I'm not sure how to include GSSAPI support.