Re: Mac OS 10.4/10.5 compile issues

From: "Benjamin Reed" <rangerrick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Israel Brewster" <israel(at)frontierflying(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mac OS 10.4/10.5 compile issues
Date: 2008-02-06 21:42:23
Lists: pgsql-ports
On Feb 6, 2008 3:50 PM, Israel Brewster <israel(at)frontierflying(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, that looks like exactly what I was looking for.
> Unfortunately, when I try  CFLAGS="-O -g -arch i386 -arch ppc -
> isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk" ./configure, configure fails
> with a "C  compiler cannot create executables" error. Is this a
> problem with my dev tools install or something? It should be clean, as
> I haven't messed with it, but this seems odd.

Hard to say without the config.log; it's kind of difficult to make
everything play nicely with -isysroot sometimes.  You often need to
add --disable-dependency-tracking to autotools projects, although
postgresql doesn't use the full autotools suite, so I don't know if
that's necessary.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development