Postgresql 7.3 on Unixware 7.1.1

From: "Dake, David" <DDake(at)kmart(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql 7.3 on Unixware 7.1.1
Date: 2003-04-28 18:36:16
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello,

I'm trying to compile version 7.3 to run under Unixware 7.1.1.

I have the following packages installed

- GNU gmake - Skunkware 7.1.1

- readline - 4.2 from SCO Web site

- Bison - Skunkware 7.1.1

- zlib - Unixware 7.1.3 CD

- flex - Skunkware 7.1.1

- glib - Skunkware 7.1.1

- gcc - Skunkware 7.1.1

- libc - 7.1.3.CD

- libC - 7.1.3 CD

My configure statement is:

./configure -with-libs=/usr/local/libs -with-includes=/usr/local/include
-with-template=unixware

I have some gcc related errors in config.log but it runs to completion.

gmake completes

gmake install runs

I added the user pgsql and created the data directory.

Initdb works correctly

When I get to creating the database (createdb test), I die with the error

"dynamic linker : /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql : could not open libpq.so.3"

Killed

createdb: database creation failed

The library does exist in /usr/local/pgsql/lib.

Does this stand out as blatantly obvious as to what may be wrong?

We would like to evaluate Postgresql as an alternative to Informix.

Any light you could shed on this would be a great help.

Thanks,

Dave Dake

Kmart Resource Center

(248) 614-0929

<mailto:ddake(at)kmart(dot)com> ddake(at)kmart(dot)com

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.