Production Database Administrator- JOB POSTING

From: Michele Egan <michele(dot)egan(at)rampgroup(dot)com>
To: "seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michele Egan <michele(dot)egan(at)rampgroup(dot)com>
Subject: Production Database Administrator- JOB POSTING
Date: 2011-01-12 21:46:35
Lists: seapug

To whom this may concern (Lloyd),

Thank you very much for the opportunity to post a position where your Postgresql members may view it and respond if interested.
I believe the opportunity is one in which all involved will benefit.

Our Consulting firm is looking to hire a Production Database Administrator for a 6 month CTH opportunity. We have a handful of very bright Consultants on site currently. The project involved building out a brand new portal and all the infrastructure to support it.
Our client is conveniently located in downtown Seattle. The W2 hourly rate is $60.00-$75.00 per. hr. DOE.

Please take a look and contact me ASAP if interested and feel qualified. You'll love the project!
Much appreciated and looking forward to hearing from you (anytime)- Michele 206.366.5327

"Production Database Administrator"

If you have experience with:

1) Installing and patching of PostgreSql (Our client is in the process of upgrading from version 8.4.2 to 9.0.1).
2) The configuration of PostgreSql DB engines, with extensive knowledge of "Open Solaris".
3) The configuration of the disk I/O system that the DB runs on. (Currently our client has a NAS type configuration, which is one of the issues needing attention)
4) Understand Solaris/Unix file systems, Networking as it relates to DB I/O and potentially SAN and NAS configuration, architecture as well as basic Disk management.
5) The monitoring of both the Postgresql database engines as well as those parts of the OS that it affects (E.g. Log Space).
6) Clear and confident communication.........

****Then we are on track to matching you up with a great opportunity.****
<FYI---DB Developer skills (I.e. SQL, SPROCS) is a BIG BONUS>

Length: 6 month CTH
PR- Max $75.00 per. hr.
Location: Downtown Seattle

Thanks a bunch!
Michele

Michele Egan
Technical Recruiter
206.366.5327
michele(dot)egan(at)rampgroup(dot)com<mailto:craig(dot)vaniman(at)rampgroup(dot)com>

14432 SE Eastgate Way, Suite 400
Bellevue, WA 98007
www.rampgroup.com<http://www.rampgroup.com/>