Re: parallel option in pg_restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Igor Neyman" <ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: parallel option in pg_restore
Date: 2010-06-22 18:40:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Igor Neyman" <ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com> writes:
> Attached is script that could be used to pre-create "parent" tables
> (from which partitions were inherited).

Thanks. Now that I dig into it, it looks like the actual trigger for
the problem is that pg_dump, not pg_restore, couldn't seek while it
was creating the dump file --- so it didn't seek back and update the
file's table-of-contents with exact dump offsets. What command did
you use to create the dump file, exactly?