Search for version-numbered tclsh?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Search for version-numbered tclsh?
Date: 2008-07-27 00:28:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I notice that the recent patch to enforce finding a tclsh broke a couple
of buildfarm machines. On reflection, I remember that recent Tcl
versions don't automatically create a 'tclsh' symlink, only a
version-numbered program such as 'tclsh8.3'. I suggest that maybe we
ought to allow that without forcing people to set TCLSH manually.
Perhaps have PGAC_PATH_TCLSH do

AC_PATH_PROGS(TCLSH, [tclsh tcl tclsh8.5 tclsh8.4 tclsh8.3])

or some such.