Re: Installation problem...

From: "Alexander Jochum" <DarkCloud14(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation problem...
Date: 2004-09-17 18:41:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

>> Which version of readline do I need to compile the postgres sources sucessfull ??
>> I've downloaded and installed version 5.0 ...
>
>Should work.
>
>> The files of readline can be found in: /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include etc.
>
>> when I try to tell configure with the parameter "--with-libraries=/usr/local/lib" where it can find
>> the libraries it won't work too... so what am I doing wrong ?!?
>
>You also need something like "--with-includes=/usr/local/include"

I know I've tried it with both parameters too but without luck....

>> I'm using Suse Linux 9.0...
>
>Hmm, when using gcc I'd expect it to look in /usr/local without any
>prodding. Define "won't work" --- what happens exactly when you
>run configure? If it fails at one of the readline probing steps,
>let's see the corresponding part of config.log, not just the terminal
>output.

Ok, I've uploaded the complete log file on my webspace you can find it here:

http://www.darkcloud14.de/config.log

Maybe someone of you know what else could be the problem..

Ohh and no I haven't tried Suses RPM files yet... (it's an old version ;-) )

THX
Alex