Installation problem...

From: "Alexander Jochum" <DarkCloud14(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installation problem...
Date: 2004-09-17 09:30:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to ask for installation help...

Ok I followed the Installation steps and stuck with compiling or better with the configuration
of the environment.... I can start ./configure but then it'll tell me that I don't have installed
the readline libraries.. So I've searched the web and downloaded the latest source code of
the readline libraries and followed the steps of it's Installation manual..

Which version of readline do I need to compile the postgres sources sucessfull ??
I've downloaded and installed version 5.0 ...

The files of readline can be found in: /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/include etc.

when I try to tell configure with the parameter "--with-libraries=/usr/local/lib" where it can find
the libraries it won't work too... so what am I doing wrong ?!?

I know it's possible to compile without the readline libraries but I want to compile with them...

I'm using Suse Linux 9.0...

THX