Re: Application using PostgreSQL (off topic,

From: "Daniel T(dot) Staal" <DStaal(at)usa(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Application using PostgreSQL (off topic,
Date: 2005-11-17 21:01:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thu, November 17, 2005 3:49 pm, William Yu said:

> This means using tables inside of tables, repetitive formatting tags and
> other prehistoric techniques. The HTML ends up being much bloated but
> then I turn on gzip encoding so the impact isn't that big. I also avoid
> too much formatting because I believe in letting the user choose
> whatever font type/size he's comfortable with.

The biggest problem with pages like that isn't the size: it is the
maintenance. A large CSS site can be redesigned by changing one file, but
using old-style formatting you'll end up having to change every page.
(And hope you don't make a mistake, or forget one.)

Still, they are nice if you only need a few pages.

But this isn't a webdesign list. ;)

Daniel T. Staal

This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
local copyright law.