Re: Unable to add server in PGadmin

From: "manoj nair" <manoj(dot)nair1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to add server in PGadmin
Date: 2007-12-10 13:29:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave/rod,
I checked Under File -> Options -> Preferences, check the 'Reset guru
hints'
option, click OK, and then tried connecting again.

This time i got some hint regarding Primary Keys .. but nothing on the
connection specific errors..

The PGAdmin on the vista box is working all fine ..
i have added 2 servers to it one with the local host and the other with an
ip address of a linux machine which has postgres running on it.... seems to
be working perfectly ,,,

But its just not possible to add the postgres server on the Vista box ...
through the pgadmin client on my machine
:) .donno what i am missing again ..

Settings for the postgres server on vista which i cross checked are as
follows ...

Firewall settings checked ...everything fine ,,,Postgres server is not
blocked ...
postgresql.conf -------- listen_address = '*'
pg_hba.conf -----(host all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust) so that any system can
connect remotely....