Re: Unable to add server in PGadmin

From: "manoj nair" <manoj(dot)nair1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to add server in PGadmin
Date: 2007-12-10 11:41:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,
The error message on the left most corner of PGAdmin
says..."Connection to database ...Failed" and the
add server form or dialog box pops up again.
there is nothing much happening other than this.
thanks,
manoj

> manoj nair wrote:
> > hi,
> > I have checked the windows firewall and PostgreSQL server is enabled in
> > the exceptions list(I suppose that means firewall would not block it).
> > I have the listen_addresses option in postgresql.conf set to
> > listen_addresses = '*'.
>
> What is the error message *exactly*?
>
> Regards, Dave.

..
Windows Firewall blocking you perhaps? Or maybe you're only listening on
localhost - check the listen_addresses option in postgresql.conf.

Regards, Dave.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I have installed postgres 8.2 on a Windows Vista machine.
PGAdmin came along with the installation and on opening PgAdmin there is a
POstgresSQL DATAbase Server 8.2(localhost:5432) server running on it.
I have another windows machine XP and i have PGadmin installaed on it too.
I am trying to add a server to this PGadmin so that i can access the Vista
Postgres server remotely.
Before when the postgres was running on a linux machine i didnt have any
problem connecting to it with my PGAdmin client (i had the ip address of my
windows XP machine in the pg_hba.conf added).
I was following the same with the Vista machine too...
But ia m unable to connect to Windows Vista machine from Windows XP -
Pgadmin "Connection to database failed." is what i get and the add server
window pops up again.
I am pretty new to postgres installation on windows and is there any thing
else i need to do with the configurations..

Thanks in advance,
Manoj