Re: Porting to Haiku

From: "Mark Hellegers" <mhellege(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Porting to Haiku
Date: 2013-01-13 17:18:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I understand. I will start working on reapplying my patches to
> master.
> Git is still new to me, but I'm making progress.

I'm running into a little problem with applying my patches.
It seems I made a quick fix in my port that I can't commit and I'm not
sure what the best way to fix this is.
The problem is that Haiku does have getrusage, but does not have all
the fields as used in Postgresql.
If I undef HAVE_GETRUSAGE, the code that uses those fields is not
compiled (see src/backend/trcop/postgres.c line 4338), but then it will
include the rusagestub.h file (see line 38 of the same file). The
rusagestub.h file contains all the definitions that already exist in
Haiku, so then it trips over that. I commented out the include of the
rusagestub.h file in my initial work, but that is obviously not a good
idea as a patch. I can try to skip the include if compiling on Haiku,
but I'm not sure this is the best way to do this.

Kind regards,

Mark

--
Spangalese for beginners:

`Geh nae?'
`Do you know the serial number on the bumper of that 1958 Thunderbird?'